Betty Boop Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betty Boop Forum

Betty Boop Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Standing at the next

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xiaotuanzi

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Standing at the next  Empty
PostSubject: Standing at the next    Standing at the next  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:18 pm

checkout is the old woman in the blue coat, and she calls triumphantly, “I took your advice! I’ve got her one of those traveling books. I think she’ll really like it!”

“Oh good,” I reply, handing my recipe book over to be scanned.

“It’s calledThe Rough Guide to India,” says the old woman, showing me the fat blue paperback. “Have you heard of it?”

“Oh,” I say. “Well, yes, but—‘

“That’s £24.99, please,” says the girl at my till.

What? I look at the girl in dismay. Twenty-five quid, just for recipes? Why couldn’t I have picked up some cheap paperback? Damn.Damn. Very reluctantly, I take out my credit card and hand it over. Shopping is one thing, being forced into purchases against your will is something else. I mean, I could have bought some nice underwear with that twenty-five quid.

On the other hand, I think as I walk away, that’s quite a lot of new points on my Club Card. The equivalent to . . . fifty pence! And now I’ll be able to make loads of delicious, exotic curries and save all that wasted takeaway money. Really, I’ve got to think of this book as an investment.

I don’t want to boast, but apart from that one purchase, I do incredibly well over the next couple of days. The only things I buy are a really nice chrome flask to take coffee into the office. (And some coffee beans and an electric grinder.) And some flow-ers and champagne for Suze’s birthday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.virkit.com/runescape/gold/runescape_en.html

Standing at the next
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Betty Boop Forum :: General Chat :: General Betty Boop Chat-
Jump to: