Betty Boop Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betty Boop Forum

Betty Boop Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

But I knew, I knew in my heart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jukido

Male Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2011-07-04

But I knew, I knew in my heart Empty
PostSubject: But I knew, I knew in my heart   But I knew, I knew in my heart Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:23 pm

But I knew, I knew in my heart, that I didn't lack talent. I just needed the opportunity to prove myself as the Gavin Pollard I could be; not the bit-playing, spear-carrying walk-on, but the scene-stealing, balcony-scaling leading man. The prospect of becoming one of those unemployed older actors terrified me, a lifetime spent creaking about in the shadows, gradually filling up with a sort of Jimmy Porter vitriol, hanging around in WH Smith to skim read copies of The Stage. So I decided I wouldn't, couldn't let it happen.

This has all been my own doing, and I'm not laying blame at your door, but I do wonder, would this have happened if I'd had a chance sooner? Perhaps if you'd put me on for the occasional Wednesday matinee? Lets be honest, it doesn't bother a party of school children who's playing the lead, they're only there to show off in front of their mates - like that time one of them called out, 'Oi, Romeo, when you gonna give her one?' and the entire balcony erupted. But I never did get a matinee, and it was quite clear that Alex wasn't going to give way. So desperation took over.
property lawyers
packaging shipping materials
Back to top Go down

But I knew, I knew in my heart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Betty Boop Forum :: General Chat :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: