Betty Boop Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betty Boop Forum

Betty Boop Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what I just said in there? I sure didn't."[153]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510

Male Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-01-31

what I just said in there? I sure didn't."[153] Empty
PostSubject: what I just said in there? I sure didn't."[153]    what I just said in there? I sure didn't."[153] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 am

ts of the price increase. The administration's actions influenced US Steel not to institute the price increase.[149] The Wall Street Journal wrote that the administration had acted "by naked power, by threats, by agents of the state security police."[150][page needed] Yale law professor Charles Reich wrote in The New Republic his opinion that the administration had violated civil liberties by calling a grand jury to indict US Steel for collusion so quickly.[150][page needed] A New York Times editorial praised Kennedy's actions and said that the steel industry's price increase "imperils the economic welfare of the country by inviting a tidal wave of inflation."[151] Nevertheless, the administration's Bureau of Budget reported the price increase would have resulted in a net gain for GDP as well as a net budget surplus.[152]

Kennedy had little knowledge of the agricultural sector of the economy, and farmers were definitely not on his list of priorities, at least in his 1960 campaign. After giving a speech to a farming community, he rhetorically asked an aide, "Did you understand any of what I just said in there? I sure didn't."[153]
limo service in maryland
Trailer Parts
Back to top Go down

what I just said in there? I sure didn't."[153]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Betty Boop Forum :: General Chat :: General Betty Boop Chat-
Jump to: