Betty Boop Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betty Boop Forum

Betty Boop Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ssion in the United States, and the

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510

Male Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-01-31

ssion in the United States, and the Empty
PostSubject: ssion in the United States, and the   ssion in the United States, and the Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:54 pm

e most populous state made him an obvious candidate for the Democratic nomination, which was hotly contested in light of incumbent Herbert Hoover's vulnerability in the 1932 election. Al Smith was supported by some city bosses, but had lost control of the New York Democratic party to Roosevelt. Roosevelt built his own national coalition with personal allies such as newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, Irish leader Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr., and California leader William Gibbs McAdoo. When Texas leader John Nance Garner switched to FDR, he was given the vice-presidential nomination.

In his acceptance speech, Roosevelt declared:I pledge you, I pledge myself to a new deal for the American people... This is more than a political campaign. It is a call to arms.[57] The election campaign was conducted under the shadow of the Great Depression in the United States, and the new alliances which
Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer
barcelona luxury real estate
Back to top Go down

ssion in the United States, and the
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Betty Boop Forum :: General Chat :: General Betty Boop Chat-
Jump to: