Betty Boop Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betty Boop Forum

Betty Boop Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rse eliminated, Ke

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510

Male Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-01-31

rse eliminated, Ke Empty
PostSubject: rse eliminated, Ke   rse eliminated, Ke Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 pm

t in the Democratic primary election, where he faced challenges from Senator Hubert Humphrey of Minnesota and Senator Wayne Morse of Oregon. Kennedy defeated Humphrey in Wisconsin and West Virginia, Morse in Maryland and Oregon, as well as token opposition (often write-in candidates) in New Hampshire, Indiana, and Nebraska. Kennedy made a point of visiting a coal mine in West Virginia; most miners and others in that predominantly conservative, Protestant state were quite wary of Kennedy's Roman Catholicism. His victory in West Virginia confirmed his broad popular appeal. At the Democratic Convention, he gave his well-known "New Frontier" speech, saying: "For the problems are not all solved and the battles are not all won—and we stand today on the edge of a New Frontier ... But the New Frontier of which I speak is not a set of promises—it is a set of challenges. It sums up not what I intend to offer the American people, but what I intend to ask of them."[33]
John and Jackie Kennedy campaigning in Appleton, Wisconsin, March 1960

With Humphrey and Morse eliminated, Ke
cheap calling cards
golf in argentina
Back to top Go down

rse eliminated, Ke
Page 1 of 1