Betty Boop Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betty Boop Forum

Betty Boop Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWPC planted rumors i

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510

Male Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-01-31

WWPC planted rumors i Empty
PostSubject: WWPC planted rumors i   WWPC planted rumors i Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 pm

The ditchers took a number of steps to ensure support for their proposals. In 1921, WWPC secured a preliminary permit to build a dam at Kettle Falls, about 110 mi (177 km) upstream from the Grand Coulee. If built, the Kettle Falls Dam would have lain in the path of the Grand Coulee Dam's reservoir, essentially blocking its construction.[10] WWPC planted rumors in the newspapers, incorrectly stating that exploratory drilling found no granite on which a dam's foundations could rest, only clay and fragmented rock. This was later disproved with Reclamation-ordered drilling. Ditchers hired General George W. Goethals, engineer of the Panama Canal, to prepare a report. Goethals visited the state and produced a report backing the ditchers. The Bureau of Reclamation was unimpressed by Goethals' report, believing it filled with errors.[10] In July 1923, President Warren G. Harding visited Washington state and expressed support for irrigation work there, but died a month later
uk presents shop
Brazil Packages
Back to top Go down

WWPC planted rumors i
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Betty Boop Forum :: General Chat :: General Betty Boop Chat-
Jump to: